You must be one of the following to register to vote on the FPCA form:
- A member of the armed services, stationed stateside or overseas
- A spouse or dependent of a member of the armed forces
- A citizen of the United States temporarily living outside of the United States
- A US citizen who is permanently living overseas.
- A citizen serving on a merchant vessel documented under the laws of the United States
The FPCA forms are available at www.fvap.gov, any Registrar of Voters office, with the Voting Assistance Officer of any military base, or at any American Consulate office. You should apply for a Vote-by-Mail ballot in January of each year or at least 90 days before the specific election in which you wish to vote. The Registrar of Voters office must receive the form no later than 15 days prior to an election or you will not be eligible to vote.
The FPCA is also an application for permanent absent voter status; therefore you must notify the office when you have a mailing address change. You can do this by completing another FPCA form, calling our local office at (530) 225-5730, or emailing your new mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience difficulty with mail delivery, or if the Registrar of Voters office did not receive your FPCA form in sufficient time to send you a ballot package, a ballot will be emailed to you upon request.
Please complete the 2nd Ballot Issue Form and return to Registrar of Voters Office to be issued a 2nd ballot; due to damage, error, non-receipt of original ballot.