The local and state elections offices in California are working hard to best protect all voters and election workers throughout this pandemic. We are modifying procedures to continue to offer a safe and accessible opportunity for all eligible voters to cast a ballot for the November election.
Governor’s Executive Order N-64-20, AB 860, and SB 423
- All registered voters will be issued a vote by mail ballot.
- Additional ballot drop boxes will be available within the county.
- In-person voting options to drop off a ballot, receive a replacement ballot, or register and vote.
- The polling places will be spaced to accommodate 6 feet of social distancing and controlled traffic within the building.
- Personal Protection Equipment will be used and worn by poll workers and available for voters entering the polling place.
The Shasta County election office will be open for any election related questions or concerns beginning October 5th. Although an appointment is recommended, it is not required.