Register to Vote

Use of Personal Information

Pursuant to California Elections Code § 2157.2, information on voter registration will be used by elections officials to send you official information on the voting process, such as the location of your polling place and the issues and candidates that will appear on the ballot. Commercial use of voter registration information is prohibited by law and is a misdemeanor. Voter information may be provided to a candidate for office, a ballot measure committee, or any other person for election, scholarly, journalistic, political, or governmental purposes, as determined by the Secretary of State. Driver’s license and social security numbers, or your signature as shown on your voter registration card, cannot be released for these purposes.

If you have any questions about the use of voter information or wish to report suspected misuse of such information, please call the Secretary of State’s Voter Protection and Assistance Hotline.

Voter’s facing life-threatening situations may qualify for confidential voter status. For more information, please contact the Secretary of State’s Safe At Home program at

Registration Requirements

To be eligible to vote in Shasta County or California, you must be:

  • A United States citizen;
  • A resident of California;
  • At least 18 years old at the time of the next election;
  • Not currently serving a state or federal prison term for the conviction of a felony;
  • Not been determined by a court to be mentally incompetent.

You must re-register any time you change your name, residence address, or political party. Please notify the Shasta County Elections Office of any change to your mailing address (if different from your residence address).

Registration Forms

To register to vote in Shasta County, you must complete a voter registration:

California Online Voter Registration


At the Shasta County Elections Office located at 1643 Market St, Redding, Ca 96001.

First-Time Federal Voters

In federal elections only, any person who registers to vote for the first time by mail and does not provide a California driver’s license number, California identification card number, or the last four (4) digits of his/her Social Security number on the voter registration affidavit will be asked to show a form of accepted identification at the polls prior to being allowed to vote, or to provide a copy of that identification with his or her Vote-by-Mail ballot. If this information cannot be provided at the polls, the voter will be allowed to vote a provisional ballot. There are 30 forms of identification that can be used for voting purposes under HAVA. For further information, please refer to the full list of accepted forms of identification.

Update your Voter Signature

Update the signature we keep on file with your voter registration. This will help us see how your signature has changed over time. Print the Voter Signature Update Form: fill it, sign it, and send it to our office. We will use this signature to identify the signature on your ballot.

Cancel Voter Registration

Only the voter can request that registration to be cancelled; protecting the voter against unwanted voter registration removals.

Complete, sign, and return the voter cancellation form to become inactive voter in Shasta County.

Uniformed Military or Overseas Citizen Information
  • In the Military (including eligible spouses and dependents).
  • Temporarily Living Overseas.
  • Indefinitely Living Overseas.

More information can be found on the Military & Overseas Citizens page.

Are you registered in Shasta County?

If you have recently registered or re-registered your information may not appear online yet.

Check back at a later date to confirm registration or call the office at 530-225-5730.