You can now vote from home on a computer or smart phone using Remote Accessible Vote by Mail (RAVBM). RAVBM allows you to mark your ballot electronically then print it and submit it by fax. Contact our office for more information or go online to ShastaVotes.org.
At the polling place
In some polling places, temporary thresholds, ramps, signage, cones, and door props, are used to improve access to the facility.
If needed, you may voter from a nearby accessible location, including a car. A poll worker will help you complete the required form(s) to vote and return the voted ballot to the polling place.
To request curbside voting assistance, you can:
- call in advance to coordinate a time and place.
- have an assistant make the request inside the polling site
Accessible voting system
Each polling place in the county has a touch screen voting system with the following:
- an audio option that reads the ballot to you
- a universal plug for a personal assistive device
- large print (24 point)
Audio versions of the candidate statements are available on request. The recordings are available approximately four weeks before the election.
- a ride to your polling place
- a ballot delivered to your home and returned to the Elections Office.
How to request assistance
Shasta County Clerk & Registrar of Voters
CA Secretary of State
711 or 800-735-2922
Disability Rights California will operate a statewide Election Day hotline 7am to 8pm on Election Day.