Accessible Voting for All Voters


At the polling site

If you vote at a polling site, to check polling site accessibility, look for the wheelchair symbol on the postcard insert that will be mailed to you about a month before the election.

In some polling sites, temporary thresholds, ramps, signage, cones, and door props, are used to improve access to the facility.

Curbside voting

If your polling site is not accessible, you may vote on a paper or an electronic ballot from a nearby accessible location, including a car. A poll worker will qualify you to vote and return the voted ballot to the polling place.

To request curbside voting assistance, you can:

  • call in advance to coordinate a time and place.
  • have an assistant make the request inside the polling site.

Accessible voting system

Each polling site in the county has a touch screen voting system with:

  • an audio option that reads the ballot to you
  • large print

A ride to your polling site

There are organizations that can help you get to your polling site. Please call our office at 530-225-5730 for more information.

Ballot delivery to your home

You may have a designated person pick up your ballot and deliver a vote-by-mail ballot from the Elections Office. Please call the office for details.

Voting information

Audio versions of the information about local measures and information printed in the State Voter Guide are available on request. Audio files can be mailed to you or accessed on the website, at this page. They will be available about 4 weeks before the election.

The recordings online for the State Voter Guide are available approximately four weeks before the election. Go to for more information.

How to request assistance

To request any of these options for assistance with accessible voting:

Shasta County Clerk & Registrar of Voters



CA Secretary of State



CA Relay

711 or 800-735-2922



Disability Rights California will operate a statewide Election Day hotline 7am to 8pm on Election Day.


Voting Accessibility Advisory Committee (VAAC)